This is a placeholder posting for the 2018 event. Details for 2018 are pending.
“Paint the Snake” Paint Out 2018
Come join the Plein Air Painters of Idaho (PAPI) for three days of fun in the sun in and around the Snake River Canyon. “Paint the Snake” is an event open to artists of all skill levels. Also, we encourage anyone who enjoys art or would like to watch plein air painters as they try to capture the light and beauty of the Magic Valley to join in the fun too.
The Magic Valley Center for the Arts will be the base for the paint out and is located on the Snake River canyon rim at 195 River Vista Place, Twin Falls, ID 83301. Special thanks to the Magic Valley Arts Council for making their beautiful facility and grounds available for this event!
Thursday June 21, 2018
- 9:00 – 10:00 am Registration for the Paint Out and if applicable for the Silas Thompson Workshop (no maximum number of participants for the workshop), Meet and Greet coffee hour and light breakfast will be held at the Magic Valley Center for the Arts, 195 River Vista Place.
– Map of the area with potential painting locations will be supplied
– Guide to local activities, accommodations and attractions will also be supplied
- _____________- Workshop
– $______ for PAPI members and $_____ for non members (check preferred but will accept cash as well)
– Work in your choice of medium (water color, acrylic, pastel, oil, and other)
– The workshop will be held outside (weather permitting) or inside the Magic Valley Center for the Arts.
– Artists will need to furnish their own supplies. All mediums are acceptable and whatever supplies you’d like to bring is fine (please include a tarp or drop cloth for indoor painting
- 9:30-11:30, workshop instruction
- 12:00 noon to 1 pm no host lunch
- 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm workshop resumes
Friday June 22, 2018
- 8:00 am meet at the Magic Valley Center for the Arts for coffee and doughnut
- 8:30 am Painters disperse to paint
- 2:00 to 3:30 pm hang art for Artist Reception and Sale. All art must be framed and ready to hang with price or NFS and artist’s name.
- 5:00 to 7:00 pm Artist Reception and Sale
– Hor d’oeuvres
– No host bar
Saturday June 23, 2018
- 8:00 am meet at the Magic Valley Center for the Arts for coffee and to pick up any art to be taken home.
- 8:30 am artists disperse
- 1:00 pm no host lunch
Connie Pepper, firstname.lastname@example.org